We are very pleased to welcome you to St Mary’s and to the Institute of Education. You will be joining a friendly community of students and staff.
We have an exciting programme where you will be able to develop your ideas and experiences of contemporary education issues in society.
We look forward to meeting you and sharing details of our varied modules that cover issues such as play, childhood, planning and assessment, history, citizenship and skills for learning.
For further information about induction arrangements - or the Education and Social Science programme - please do get in touch with one of the team:
Your induction timetable
Student experience and engagement are key to the success of the programme, and we will encourage you to work collaboratively in groups. We have planned a number of events to help you settle in to the programme.
The induction sessions for Education and Social Science will provide you with opportunities to meet the teaching team, current students and support staff. You will also get to know the campus and the locations that will be most important for you.
We will provide information about the curriculum and tutoring support. We also hope to have a shared lunch.
- Sunday 8th September, 8am-6pm: Registration open (students living in University accommodation only)
- Monday 9th September, 9am-5pm: Registration open (all other students)
- Monday 9th September, 10-11am: Student essentials (K217/K222)
- Monday 9th September, 11am-1pm: 'Getting to know you' (B13)
- Thursday 12th September, 10am-1pm: Welcome to Education and Social Science (D10)
- Friday 13th September, 10-11am: Student life (K217/K222)
- Friday 13th September, 11am: Meet your personal tutor (You'll be met in K217/K222)
There will be lots of other activities going on during the first couple of weeks. Make sure you check out the welcome events calendar.
If, for any reason, you are unable to make it to the Student Essentials talk on Monday, we will be repeating it on Thursday 12th September, 12-1pm in K217/K222.