Welcome to the English Literature Programme at St. Mary’s University; we’re looking forward to getting to know you over the next three years.
In the following welcome letter there’s some information on what you’ll be studying and what you can be doing to give yourself a head-start before teaching starts in September.
Download your welcome letter
Your induction timetable
During your first week at St Mary's you'll attend a series of induction sessions to help settle you into the University and the course. Your timetable for the rest of the semester will be given to you during the induction week.
- Sunday 8th September, 8am-6pm: Registration open (students living in University accommodation only)
- Monday 9th September, 9am-5pm: Registration open (all other students)
- Monday 9th September, 11am-1pm: Welcome to English Literature (G2)
- Monday 9th September, 3-4pm: Student essentials (K217/K222)
- Monday 9th September, 5-7.30pm: Humanities welcome drinks (Drama Studio 2)
- Wednesday 11th September, 2-5pm: Introduction to literary study (C2)
- Friday 13th September, 3-4pm: Student life (K217/K222)
There will be lots of other activities going on during the first couple of weeks. Make sure you check out the welcome events calendar.
If, for any reason, you are unable to make it to the Student Essentials talk on Monday, we will be repeating it on Thursday 12th September, 12-1pm in K217/K222.