We are very pleased to welcome you to St Mary’s and to the Institute of Education. You will be joining a friendly, vibrant community of students and staff.
We have excellent facilities such as the computer suite, the Naylor Library which is dedicated to Education, and great teaching rooms which you will be using during your time here.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Download your welcome letter
Your induction timetable
We have planned an exciting programme of events to help you settle in to St Mary’s. These include a general introduction to the University and a more specific Programme induction.
This will be a time to get to know the staff and the other students on your course. You will also be able to take time out to explore the lovely leafy surroundings.
- Sunday 8th September, 8am-6pm: Registration open (students living in University accommodation only)
- Monday 9th September, 9am-5pm: Registration open (all other students)
- Monday 9th September, 1-2pm: Student essentials (K217/K222)
- Wednesday 11th September, 11am-1pm: An introduction to the course (K222)
- Thursday 12th September, 10am-3pm: Primary Education induction activities (M101/M102/K18)
- Friday 13th September, 11am-1pm: An overview of your first year (G7)
- Friday 13th September, 1-2pm: Student life (K217/K222)
There will be lots of other activities going on during the first couple of weeks. Make sure you check out the welcome events calendar.
If, for any reason, you are unable to make it to the Student Essentials talk on Monday, we will be repeating it on Thursday 12th September, 12-1pm in K217/K222.