Why do a work placement?
Undertaking a work placement can enhance your experience at St Mary's and provide you with skills and knowledge that will serve you throughout your working life.
The experience you gain in a placement will help you to understand the world of work, develop essential workplace skills, become self-aware and help you articulate your strengths to future employers.
By doing a work placement you will:
- Develop an awareness of workplace issues
- Explore different career areas
- Identify and develop your transferable skills
- Become self-aware
- Apply theory to practice
- Enhance your CV with good, practical and relevant experience
- Improve your self confidence and sense of responsibility
- Boost your employment chances
Find out more
To find out more about the placement experience, contact the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current students can find more detail about the placement modules on the Centre for Workplace Learning pages on SIMMSpace.