The importance of effective media and marketing skills has never been higher. This course focuses on developing your media production skills and aims to give you insight into the world of communications.
Why study Communications, Media and Marketing?
The growth of the communications and marketing industries in recent years has presented a great opportunity for graduates with suitable knowledge to make an impact in various professions.
As part of this degree you will learn about the theory and practice of media production and the most effective techniques to communicate your message to different audiences across a variety of media platforms.
On this course you'll learn about consumer behaviour, branding, customer relationships and digital communications. A series of exciting, practical media projects (designed by industry professionals) will help you to think critically, strategically and creatively.
This Communications, Media and Marketing course will help you to acquire the most relevant skills, teach you how to use them effectively and how to put them into practice in real-world scenarios.
Why St Mary's?
You will be part of a lively and diverse learning environment, where you are encouraged to join student clubs and attend public lectures and events, enabling you to network and develop your learning beyond your academic studies.
The BA (Hons) Communications, Media and Marketing degree is built around a common core along with four other communication courses. As well as our degree in Communications, Media and Marketing, we also offer courses that specialise in:
These courses share a common first year, allowing you to modify your pathway at the start of your second year. The Communications, Media and Marketing degree includes specialist modules in:
- Writing for the Media
- Multimedia Production
- Journalism and Hybrid Media Practice
In addition to classroom learning, you will have the opportunity to use our media facilities and technical equipment to develop your practical skills.
The course is taught by industry professionals and leading academics in the field, with emphasis put on supporting you as an individual in an open and friendly environment. We work hard to help you to develop your employability skills and the degree offers you the opportunity to gain work experience in a range of businesses in London.
- 95% of our students are in employment within or further study within six months of graduating (HESA, 2016)
- This course is taught by a mix of academic staff and industry professionals, offering the best possible balance of academic and practical expertise.
- Part of a wider range of communications-based degrees, supported up by a whole department.
- Designed in collaboration with leading media and communications industry professionals, incorporating essential skills and knowledge employers are looking for in newly qualified graduates.
- Taught on our historic Twickenham campus, with direct public transport into Central London.