Do you want to learn more about education? Do you aspire to work with children and young people? Whether your future aspirations include: teaching, SEN and Disabilities and inclusion, educational policy or youth work, it begins with a degree in Education Studies.
- A rewarding course exploring issues of education, social justice, equalities and inclusion;
- Workshops with industry professionals on key developments in the field;
- Work experience placement opportunities including schools, early years, youth and charity settings;
- Study abroad options in Europe or the USA in your second year.
Why study Education Studies?
A degree in Education Studies will set you up for a career to work with children in a range of settings. The programme will give you the skills and knowledge for a range of careers including, teaching, social work, education policy, welfare and working with children and families.
Throughout the degree, you will be taught using real-world case studies that are relevant to education. You'll explore the value and purpose of education and address key issues such as social justice and educational/social disadvantage.
The degree will equip you with a range of transferable skills that are highly valued by all employers.
You will be able to choose modules that include work experience opportunities. These placements will allow you to gain practical insights and apply what you learn to a professional setting.
Why St Mary's?
- You will be taught using real-world case studies that are relevant to education.
- You will engage with issues of social justice and inclusion in education throughout the programme.
- You have opportunities to gain experience in our work base learning modules in education and community settings.
- You will also attend workshops with industry professionals who will discuss key developments in the profession.
- You can participate in field trips and industry visits to help you think about your academic and professional goals.
There are opportunities to attend field trips in our modules to give real-life context to your studies, linking the theory you learn to the world of work. There are also opportunities to study abroad in your second year - enabling you to gain international insights into your studies.
Education Studies is also available as an undergraduate degree with a foundation year.
We've put together a bespoke virtual open day for anyone interested in studying at St Mary's.
Next live event: Saturday 13th March, 10:30am