Your next steps...
Submit an enquiry
Please select where you are living or studying so that we can direct your enquiry to the most relevant department:
Submit an enquiry
Submit an enquiry
The world needs good marketers, in private sector companies, in charities and in government. Marketers are needed to change the way customers of all kinds – whether business or individual consumers – buy, recommend, donate, pay their taxes, obey the law, or more generally how they behave, and live, ideally more healthily and happily.
- MSC in Marketing has been accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Small class sizes and cohorts that offer a supportive and welcoming environment for all learners
- There are guest lectures, seminars and workshops that capitalise on our links with industry
- Fantastic networking opportunities that allow you to make lifelong contacts with our internationally diverse community of students, academics and industry contacts
Why study Marketing?
A marketing job is one of the most exciting and challenging jobs you can have. Once you have decided that you are interested in marketing this degree will prepare you for it (particularly if you have done a degree in another subject).
It is also an ideal degree if you have already started your career - whether as a marketer or not - and want to learn more about marketing strategies, models and techniques, and how marketing managers use them to get results.
Studying this programme will prepare you for a great career in marketing. It’s our job at St Mary’s to prepare you to be an outstanding marketer, by helping you learn a wide range of marketing concepts and ideas and how to apply them in real-world scenarios. Above all, it is our job to prepare you in a practical way, helping you to make a smooth transition from studying with us to working in marketing.
This degree has been designed by top marketing practitioners and academics, taking into account what employers need from new marketing recruits. Employers want young marketers who can:
- Apply marketing ideas and theories in practical situations – whether during the planning or implementation processes
- Use the latest developments in technology to plan and deliver marketing strategies
- Understand how ethical principles must be applied in marketing to achieve the best professional management and ethical standards
- Manage the numbers by understanding how to quantify marketing plans, targets and achievements
- Know how to build on their strengths and manage their weaknesses
- Show independence and creativity in identifying and solving problems
- Continue learning throughout their careers
- Manage people well and communicate with colleagues clearly and concisely
You will learn to do all these things on this Marketing MSc degree programme.
Why St Mary's?
St Mary’s University is a small, beautiful campus university in London, with a friendly, professional and inclusive atmosphere that our students love. We are located in West London, near some of the largest marketing companies and surrounded by successful small businesses who need marketing expertise and welcome work placements.
We actively encourage research, analysis and debate that highlights your own business experience. We will give you more business experience through your work in consultancy and on placement. This is designed to give you real-world insights that help support your progress as an effective marketer.
As well as your award of Master of Science, you will also receive the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s Certificate in Professional Marketing (subject to validation and you taking the additional preparation and exams).
Chat to a student
Course Lead MSc Marketing