Please note: applications for September 2021 are now closed. Applications for September 2022 will open shortly.
This Master's degree is designed to support students in developing into outstanding Strength and Conditioning coaches.
- St Mary's MSc in S&C was the first distance learning course of its kind in the UK
- The course is distinct from many others in the sector in emphasising the development of coaching skills
- Be taught in a state of the art, £250,000 Performance Education Centre
Why study Strength and Conditioning (Distance Learning)?
To be an excellent strength and conditioning coach requires a wide knowledge across several domains and a number of different skill sets. These include:
- An extensive "toolbox" of training exercises and interventions
- An understanding of movement and the ability to teach movement
- An understanding of how the body adapts to training and how to organise training to maximise desirable adaptations
- An ability to coach
- The ability to understand various sources of evidence (including scientific evidence) and use it to inform your practice
Our Master's degree in Strength and Conditioning has been designed with these demands in mind and aims to support students in developing as excellent strength and conditioning coaches.
Why St Mary's?
We're widely recognised as an international leader in strength and conditioning education. We were the first UK institution to offer an undergraduate degree in strength and conditioning, and this Master's programme was the first part-time, distance learning strength and conditioning course in the UK.
In recent years the University has invested £250,000 in a state of the art Performance Education Centre, which is unrivalled as a facility for strength and conditioning education.
Our staff includes both highly experienced coaches and expert sport scientists. All of the course material is designed specifically for the strength and conditioning degree, ensuring that the practical relevance of the scientific evidence to the strength and conditioning coach is always fully explored.
The distance learning nature of this course has several advantages for professionals. Principal among these is the opportunity to combine study with practical work experience, allowing the translation of science into practice. In addition, you can organise your study around your own personal schedule. You can download lectures and watch them at times that suit you.
We've put together a bespoke virtual open day for anyone interested in studying at St Mary's.
Join the event now
Dr Dan Cleather
Programme Director - Strength and Conditioning