A marketing job is one of the most exciting and challenging jobs you can have, and Business Management and Marketing is the course to prepare you for it. This degree course will prepare you for a great career in marketing.
Why study Business Management and Marketing?
Our Business Management and Marketing degree course was designed by top marketing practitioners and academics. It takes into account what employers say about new marketing recruits, what they need from them and this programme aims to meet these needs.
Employers want young marketeers who can:
- Apply marketing ideas and theories in practical situations – whether in planning what to do or in implementing ideas
- Use the latest technological innovations, including the web and social media, to plan and deliver marketing campaigns
- Achieve the best professional management and ethical standards and apply them to the marketing world – with colleagues, businesses and customers
Why St Mary's?
St Mary’s is a small and beautiful campus university in London, with a friendly, professional atmosphere. We are near some of the largest marketing companies and surrounded by successful small businesses who need marketing expertise and welcome placements.
You will learn about contemporary issues in marketing (whatever they may be at the time) throughout the degree, making sure you’re in touch with the latest developments in marketing.
Completion of the degree leads to dual accreditation:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management and Marketing
- Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership, awarded by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
You’ll also receive the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s Certificate in Professional Marketing if you complete the additional preparation and exams (subject to validation).
As well as highly interactive lectures, you’ll be working in groups on case studies, listening to lectures from top marketing practitioners, and practising the skills you need to be an effective marketing manager.
You’ll be taught by a team which includes award-winning marketers, excellent lecturers, leading researchers and experienced professionals. You’ll learn using the latest digital resources and techniques.
You will be assessed in a variety of ways to test knowledge, understanding and skills development throughout your degree. The programme uses a broad range of assessments including business reports, essays, practical exercises, presentations, case studies, examinations, seminar and simulation exercises.
As well as traditional exam-based assessments and coursework, the programme makes use of assessed blogs. Wherever possible, you’ll be assessed using digital methods and feedback.
- Work placement opportunities integrated into the second and third year of the programme
- Taught on our historic Strawberry Hill campus, just a half hour train journey from Central London