A marketing job is one of the most exciting and challenging jobs you can have, and Business Management and Marketing is the course to prepare you for it. This degree course will prepare you for a great career in marketing.
- You will receive a Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership from the Charted Management Insitute (subject to CMI moderation).
- Opportunity to apply marketing ideas and theories in practical situations – whether in planning what to do or in implementing ideas.
- Marketing consultancy training
- Work placement opportunities integrated into the second and third year of the programme.
Why study Business Management and Marketing?
Our Business Management and Marketing degree course was designed by top marketing practitioners and academics. It takes into account what employers say about new marketing recruits, what they need from them and this programme aims to meet these needs.
Employers want young marketeers who can:
- Apply marketing ideas and theories in practical situations – whether in planning what to do or in implementing ideas
- Use the latest technological innovations, including the web and social media, to plan and deliver marketing campaigns
- Achieve the best professional management and ethical standards and apply them to the marketing world – with colleagues, businesses and customers
We aim to give you practical experience through our extensive placement and mentoring programmes, which will equip you with hands-on skills and guidance from industry professionals. You will organise your placement with the help of the Workplace Learning Team and can choose to do it in a location that suits you.
Why St Mary's?
St Mary’s is a small and beautiful campus university in London, with a friendly, professional atmosphere. We are near some of the largest marketing companies and surrounded by successful small businesses who need marketing expertise and welcome placements.
You will learn about contemporary issues in marketing (whatever they may be at the time) throughout the degree, making sure you’re in touch with the latest developments in marketing.
Completion of the degree leads to dual accreditation:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management and Marketing
- Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership from the Charted Management Insitute(subject to CMI moderation)
You’ll also receive the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s Certificate in Professional Marketing if you complete the additional preparation and exams (subject to validation).
About the Placement Year
A placement year enables students to undertake a year of experience in an organisation between their second and final year. It is a substantial piece of paid experience where you can make a real contribution to your employer and it can really make you stand out from the crowd!
It will also enable you to:
- Apply the knowledge and skills you gain from your course in a work setting
- Build your commercial awareness and insights into organisations and industries you might want to work in.
- Develop your professional skills through company training, networking skills and confidence in the workplace
- Get some great experience for future job applications or even land a graduate job!
Support from St Mary’s every step of the way.
Securing a placement can really help you develop your job search skills and the Employability Service placement and careers teams can support you to find and apply for available opportunities. You will need to attend some preparatory workshops which will explain all aspects of the placement year and give you the skills to find the placement of your choice. With access to our jobs board, careers events and employer contacts you will be able to approach companies confidently and find the right opportunity for you.
Please note: in the event that you cannot secure a placement you will be able to transfer onto the 3 year version of your degree programme.
QUIZ: Which business degree should you study at St Mary's?
We've put together a bespoke virtual open day for anyone interested in studying Business and Management at St Mary's.
Join the event now
Chat to a student