A course that trains you for a digital, global age in which theological insight and religious literacy matter more than ever.
- “As a St Mary’s theology student, I have had the chance to learn about deep and complex Christian theology alongside Islam and Atheism. My lecturers and the academic staff are extremely helpful, friendly and approachable.” Simeon Thorne, second year 2017-18.
- “The course offers a module onwork place experience in different careers. I have really enjoyed this aspect, as it has allowed me to get amazing experience - I want to get on a PGCE course and I need to get as much as experience in schools as possible.” Maria Kimaro, second year 2017-18.
Apply to study Theology, Religion, and Ethics in 2019: Apply through Clearing today.
Why study Theology, Religion, and Ethics?
Our degree in Theology, Religion, and Ethics combines contemporary debates with ancient disciplines.
Along with our experts, you will read seminal writers and thinkers of centuries-old traditions, pick up critical views of contemporary world issues, and examine the cultural appropriation of religious ideas and imagery.
You may wish to study modules about science and religious ethics, politics and the Bible, or look closely at developments in theory and theological doctrine.
This degree allows you explore some of the most recent and the most long-standing examples of the perennial human search for meaning, and apply them to the realities of contemporary society.
Why St Mary's?
Studying Theology, Religion, and Ethics with us enables you to engage in open critical inquiry and contemporary intellectual debates in a setting with a vibrant religious identity.
We focus on cultivating academic excellence and are deeply concerned with ensuring your receive the best student experience.
The programme includes opportunities to visit religious communities, and we also make use of the galleries and museums of London, situating your degree within the wider cultural economy of the UK.
While the degree takes special account of the University's Catholic identity and ethos, we welcome students from all faith traditions—and none.
Our staff includes academics of various backgrounds and convictions, and we offer a supportive and welcoming community in which you can study. All our staff aim to ensure that you are highly attractive to employers after you graduate.
- 91% teaching satisfaction in the 2018 National Student Survey (NSS)
- 85.7% of Theology and Religious Studies students are in professional employment, further study or both six months after graduation (HESA, DLHE 2015/16)
- The degree combines open inquiry into cutting-edge contemporary debates against the background of a living religious tradition
- You will receive teaching and tuition from top-level academic experts drawn from the St Mary's theological research centres
- Opportunities to visit international sites of religious significance, such as Jerusalem or Rome
- Innovative teaching methods and course design brings religion to life for the 21st Century
- Taught on our historic Strawberry Hill campus
Please note: Theology, Religion, and Ethics is subject to revalidation.