Skip to content Exit mobile menu

Supporting our students

In 2018, the Sunday Times Good University Guide ranked student satisfaction at St Mary’s the best in London “by a considerable margin”.

A key element of this satisfaction is the comprehensive and dedicated student support service that we offer in a range of crucial areas, including mental health, counselling, disability and dyslexia support, and student hardship.

We also provide special help for care leavers and students from estranged families, providing year-round accommodation and help with graduation costs.

Twenty percent of our students are impacted by one form of disability or another, and some sixty percent of our students come from a family with an income of less than £25,000.

This year, amidst an unprecedented squeeze on university finances across the country, including cuts to the Disabled Students’ Allowance, we are asking you to help maintain and further improve these services by donating to our Supporting Our Students campaign.

Please help us continue to be the best place in London to be a student, whatever one’s background or circumstances.

Help our students to thrive whatever their background or circumstances

  • 60% of our students are from households with an income of less than £25k.
  • 20% of our students are impacted by some form of disability.
  • There has been a dramatic increase in the number of students seeking support for mental health problems. [Brown P (2016) The Invisible Problem? Improving students’ mental health, Higher Education Policy Institute (HEPI)]

Support essential services

  • Specialist help with student hardship, disability, dyslexia, and mental health
  • Year-round accommodation for care leavers and students from estranged families
  • Student counselling

Donating by Cheque

Please send your cheque, payable to 'St Mary’s University' to:

Development Office
St Mary’s University, Twickenham
Waldegrave Road

Please include a note with your name, address and contact details, and state that you'd like your donation to go to the “Supporting or Students Fund”

If you would like to Gift Aid your donation, please contact us at to request a Gift Aid Form, and send completed along with your cheque.

Donating by Bank Transfer

If you would like to make a gift via Bank Transfer, from within or outside the UK, please email us at, or write to us at the above address.

Contact Us

If you would like to discuss your donation with us first, please do get in contact with us at where we will be more than happy to help with any queries you may have.