Strength and Conditioning Science is associated with the physical preparation and coaching of sports performers.
Why study Strength and Conditioning Science?
St Mary's is internationally recognised as the front-runner for strength and conditioning education. The course is delivered in a 5,000 square-foot Performance Education Centre, providing you with the opportunity to practice your skills in a state-of-the-art strength and conditioning facility.
Developing coaching experience alongside your studies is crucial. The course has excellent links with clubs and organisations from a variety of sports, including Crystal Palace FC, Fulham FC, London Irish RFC, University London Boat Club and Sutton Tennis Academy. We also have students embedded within the world renowned Royal Ballet Company and Royal Ballet School in central London. These links enable you to obtain the necessary coaching experience needed to secure employment upon graduating.
There are eight specific strength and conditioning modules on the degree, which address the skills and knowledge required to pass the UK Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA) accreditation.
The degree will also prepare you for completion of the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) qualification in the USA.
Why St Mary's?
Strength and Conditioning Science at St Mary’s University was the first course of its kind in the country and has evolved into a highly successful programme with a reputation of producing outstanding Strength and Conditioning coaches, delivered by accredited and highly experienced coaches.
Many elite sports performers choose to study Strength and Conditioning Science at St Mary’s; we have an excellent reputation for providing strength and conditioning support for their training and competitions whilst studying.
You are encouraged to spend a semester studying abroad during your degree. This can provide an invaluable experience on how to approach learning. Many students have also gained coaching experience in College American Football and Lacrosse, an experience which is rare in the UK.
- Exclusive state of the art 5,000 square-foot strength and conditioning teaching and coaching facility
- Programme syllabus mapped to UK Strength and Conditioning Association competency document
- Numerous partnerships with professional clubs and organisations for students to gain necessary coaching experience
- Opportunity to study abroad for a semester in year two
- UK Strength and Conditioning accredited staff who are experienced at coaching and hold teaching qualifications
- Taught on our historic Strawberry Hill campus