Our MRes degree in Sport, Health and Applied Science is designed for students wishing to pursue postgraduate study, but whose interests are largely research-based.
Why study Sport, Health and Applied Science?
The Master of Research qualification allows you to develop a broad range of research knowledge and skills, whilst pursuing a substantial subject-based research project. It differs from other taught Master's degrees as it prepares you for higher level research such as an MPhil or PhD (should you wish to pursue this route).
The degree will focus upon research design, statistical understanding and evidence-based practice.
Why St Mary's?
Our staff have a wealth of teaching and research experience in the fields of Sport, Health and Applied Science. Staff members are immersed in a diverse and extensive range of research topics including sport, performance, nutrition, health, exercise and physics.
This postgraduate degree programme teaches the key concepts of scientific research and encourages research in our state of the art facilities which include:
- An environmental chamber
- BASES accredited physiology laboratories
- Anthropometric and biomechanics laboratories
- Performance Education Centre.
Professional research skills are the main focus of the course and topics such as relationship building, CV writing and interview techniques will be covered in the research skills module.
You could be involved with some of the exciting research projects St Mary’s have developed with our high profile partners, such as the world renowned Royal Ballet Company and Royal Ballet School in Central London.
The degree programme will employ a range of assessment methodologies, with some specific focus on practical transferable skills such as website design, Excel, RevMan analysis and R programming.
- The Master of Research qualification allows you to develop a broad range of research knowledge and skills, whilst pursuing a substantial subject-based research project
- Staff at St Mary's have a wealth of teaching and research experience in the fields of Sport, Health and Applied Science.
- This programme is designed to equip you with the knowledge and practical expertise needed to progress a career in research.
- Taught on our historic Strawberry Hill campus