Becky joined St Mary’s in 2019, firstly as a link tutor before becoming a lecturer in PGCE Secondary History and now a lecturer in Education, working alongside the Partnership, Secondary and Primary ITT teams in the School of Education.
Following her PGCE at the Institute of Education at UCL, she has had almost 20 years of experience in a range of teaching and consultant roles in many secondary schools across London.
Becky continues to teach history in secondary school and leads the history subject networks for Hackney Education.
Becky is interested in:
- creating anti-racist, decolonised, and inclusive history curricula
- the impact of evidence-based teaching in school history departments
- how pupils learn: applying cognitive science to history teaching.
Becky has memberships with:
- Historical Association (HA)
- History Teacher Educator Network (HTEN).