Skip to content Exit mobile menu

International Student Accommodation

International students have a choice of accommodation options at St Mary's as we offer a range of accommodation on and off campus.

Our Accommodation Team can help you in finding the right place to live, whether you are looking for on-campus halls of residence or accommodation in the private sector.

Halls of residence

Undergraduate students can apply to live in one of St Mary's halls of residence. All of our halls provide high quality accommodation, campus-wide wifi and easy access to facilities on campus. 

The prices include a meal package (term-time only) that includes breakfast Monday to Friday, brunch on Saturday and Sunday and a meal every evening. All meals are taken in the campus refectory, which has an extensive menu to suit a variety of needs.

Available halls of residence

There are different halls options to suit a range of student requirements and budgets, including both en-suite accommodation and halls with shared bathroom facilities.


16 Strawberry Hill Road

16 Strawberry Hill Road is a good option for international students who would like to stay over Christmas as this is the only accommodation open over this time. It is also best suited for those who would like a quieter environment.


De Marillac

If you would like modern, en-suite accommodation, or are looking forward to immersing yourself in all the social fun St Mary's has to offer, then De Marillac could be the place for you.


Waldegrave Park Houses

The Waldegrave Park Houses offer twin rooms for those wanting to share a room with someone else – ideal to keep costs low. 

Private Sector Accommodation

Students may also opt for private sector accommodation in the local area. There are excellent transport links to West and Central London, so you'll have a world of opportunities on your doorstep wherever you choose to live.

St Mary's is located near to the towns of Twickenham, Teddington, Richmond and Kingston. These townsprovide lots of student-friendly accommodation within a short distance of the university. 

St Mary's Accommodation Service works very closely with a number of local student accommodation providers and give advice and support to international students looking for off-campus housing. International students living in private sector accommodation may find that they need to provide their landlord with details of a guarantor based in the UK.

The Accommodation Service can advise about organisations that can serve as guarantors for students. Please see our private sector accommodation pages for further information and useful links about housing in the local area.