St Mary’s EPC provides an endurance running programme and an environment that is known internationally as one of the best training setups in the world. The EPC has the following mission:
To provide an endurance performance environment that supports, challenges and develops elite runners, inspires beginners, fosters and tests talent and promotes excellence in the coaches who work with them.
EPC open days
Come and find out why St Mary’s is one of the countries top performing universities for endurance athletes.
As a talented endurance athlete deciding which university to go to is an important decision. We are holding 3 open days for prospective students looking at their choices for 2023 or 2024, on:
- Saturday 29th October
- Saturday 19th November
- Saturday 17th December
Attending one of the open days will allow you to visit the University and meet the Performance Coaches and take part in a training session with current EPC athletes.
Timetable for the day
- 9.30am Welcome by Performance Coaches Craig Winrow and Mick Woods
- 10.00am Training session with current EPC athletes
- 12.00pm Lunch
- 12.45pm Campus and sports facilities tour
- 1.30pm University life at St Mary’s
- 2.15pm EPC support services
- 2.45pm Q&A with current EPC athletes
- 3.00pm Final questions.
Places are limited. If you wish to attend one of the open days, please complete the EPC open days application form.
Alternatively, you can email the endurance team at firstname.lastname@example.org
St Mary’s provides a perfect environment for all standards of runner. Dedicated on-site accommodation, the Sir Mo Farah Athletics Track, a modern strength and conditioning facility and extensive running in nearby Bushy and Richmond Parks. Alongside this, runners can access world-class coaching and support services; expertise that has been developed since the programme started in 2001.
Whether you are a runner looking to combine academic study with athletic development or you are a full-time athlete, the St Mary’s EPC provides an exceptional and unparalleled experience. Come and be part of a world-class running setup that can help you realise your full potential.
Over the past decade St Mary’s has developed a growing reputation as one of the country’s top endurance venues with athletes such as Mo Farah, Andy Vernon and Beth Potter along with groups from Kenya, Australia, New Zealand and the US choosing to base themselves in the area.
The Endurance Performance Centre (EPC) offer a range of membership options.
EPC Student Athlete
- Full or part-time SMU registered student
- Paid member of the student Track & Field Club.
EPC Training Group Athlete
- St Mary’s alumni who were previously EPC Student Athletes
- Training partner for an EPC International Athlete or an EPC Student Athlete
- An athlete that is coached by an EPC Coach or an EPC Affiliate Coach
- Subject to EPC Coach approval.
EPC International Athlete (800m and above)
- An athlete on the BA World Class Performance Plan
- Senior international selection at any of the following championships:
Subject to EPC Coach approval.
- World Indoor/Outdoor Championships
- World Cross Country Championships
- European Indoor/Outdoor Championships
- European Cross-Country Championships
- European Team Championships
- Commonwealth Games
- World Half Marathon Championships
- World University Cross Country and Outdoor Championship
EPC Affiliate Coach
- Provision of coaching licence
- A Coach working with:
- EPC Student Athlete
- EPC Training Group Athlete
- EPC International Athlete (800m and above)
- Subject to EPC Coach approval and signing the EPC Coach Code of Conduct
- Coaches are not permitted to charge any category of EPC athlete.
Terms and conditions
All members must read and follow our sports facilities regulations.
Code of conduct
All members must sign and abide by the applicable code of conduct: either the St Mary's EPC Code of Conduct: Athletes or the St Mary’s EPC Code of Conduct: Coaches.
||Academic year (single payment)
||12 months track only (single payment)
||12 months gym and track (single payment)
||12 months (single payment)
|Student sport club membership
|EPC training group athlete
|EPC international athlete (800m and above)
|EPC affliliate coach
Your membership application will be reviewed by the EPC and they will contact you directly to inform you whether you have been successful or not.
Find out more about EPC
EPC provides an endurance running programme and an environment that is known internationally as one of the best training setups in the world.
For more information about our EPC programme, please contact email@example.com.