Sport, health and wellbeing is an important part of student life at St Mary's University. We offer a range of programmes to help students keep active and healthy, learn key developmental skills through various leadership opportunities and make friends that could last a life time.
At St Mary’s, we aim to have a diverse offer that caters for a range of student needs. Whether you’re taking your first steps into recreational fitness activities, or you’re an international athlete seeking additional support, we have something for you.
Our offer includes:
- Coaching and leadership: high-quality paid and voluntary development opportunities
- Coaching bursaries: bursaries of up to £300 are available to support your personal development
- Fitness memberships: we offer a range of excellent value, flexible gym and fitness class memberships
- SIMMSactive: our affordable, low-commitment social sport and activity programme
- SIMMSwellness: our brand new programme supporting your wellbeing
- Competitive sports clubs: we have 24 competitive student sport clubs from Athletics to Ultimate Frisbee
- Sport scholarships: scholarship packages worth up to £2,000 are available for high-performing athletes
- Sport facilities: our world-class facilities as well as a wide range of programmes enables you to get involved in sport and physical activity no matter what level you are at.