Skip to content Exit mobile menu

Before you arrive at St Mary’s University you must ensure that you have all the relevant documentation and visa information required for you to enter the UK.

If you are a non EU/EEA national and are looking to study a full degree programme at St Mary’s University you will require a Tier 4 visa to do so. St Mary’s University are fully committed to providing help and support during the visa application process.

Arriving in the UK

There are certain things to remember when you arrive in the UK so that you do not encounter any problems.

Documents required for arrival to the UK

Once you arrive at the Border in the UK the Border Force Officers may ask to see certain documents. It is always useful to ensure that you have the following documents to hand:

  • Passport
  • Visa (30-day entry vignette in your passport)
  • A copy of your CAS letter
  • A copy of the unconditional offer letter for your course
  • Details of where you will be staying (this can be in the form of a hotel booking or tenancy Agreement)

Frequently asked questions at borders and airports

There may be times where you may be questioned by a Border Force Officer about your studies. Do not be alarmed if this happens. Please answer the questions honestly and to the best of your ability. Your documents may be able to assist you in confirming the reason for your stay in the UK.

Find out more

International Visa Office

Tel: +44 (0)20 8240 8264

For general information about studying at St Mary's please contact the International Office:

Tel: +44 (0)20 8240 4192