Enquiries about your CAS number
Please do not phone the visa office regarding your CAS number. If you have received an unconditional offer and you have paid your deposit, your CAS will be sent to you via the international admissions team.
For general information about studying at St Mary's please contact the International Team.
Student visa presentation
Please read through and listen to all relevant slides in the video. Use the timestamps to find the slides relevant to you. The presentation will give you useful information that guides you through the enrolment process, getting started, different visa categories and your visa conditions according to the type of visa you have entered the UK with.
It also explains the Student Visa service and what you can expect in terms of service provision at St Mary’s University.
It is very important that when you apply for a visa, you do not enter the UK unless you know that your visa has been granted.
Do not book travel to enter the UK unless you are sure your visa has been granted. You must follow all visa guidance correctly from your home Country when you apply.
We highly recommend that you understand all of the attendance and engagement requirements under the Student visa route and that you read all sources of information available. We do not want for you to be disadvantaged having not fully understood all visa implications.
We hope you enjoy your time at St Mary’s University and if you have any questions about your student visa conditions or anything related to immigration and visa compliance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- 00:09 – introduction Student visas
- 00:51 – checklist
- 01:48 – your attendance and engagement
- 02:18 – your accommodation
- 02:48 – your contact details
- 03:06 – your passport and Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)
- 04:00 – apply for a proof of age card
- 04:30 – digital visas EU/EEA nationals
- 05:51 – standard visitor visas (student)
- 07:33 – Study Abroad
- 09:09 – working during your studies
- 10:39 – work placements
- 11:33 – changes to your studies
- 12:12 – travelling around Europe
- 12:57 – dependants
- 13:30 – visa extensions/renewals
- 14:48 – graduate immigration route
- 15:54 – resources.