Kasia Zaremba-Byrne works as a movement director for NIE, an international company based in UK and Norway. NIE won in total 17 international awards. Recently they won ASSITEJ International Award for artistic excellence, Total Theatre Awards and the Herald Angel Award in Edinburgh Fringe Festival. NIE work has toured throughout the UK and internationally to 23 countries.
She was also a movement director for Lionboy, by Complicite (2014-15) and lead many professional workshops for the company.
Kasia trained extensively with Monika Pagneux and with Phillippe Gaulier. She has taught movement and physical theatre at RADA, Rose Bruford College in London, The Bridge Training Theatre Company and The State Theatre School in Prague. Her acting credits include, among others, BBC Radio with Annabel Arden performing at the Royal Court in Genoa 01 directed by Simon McBurney (Complicite) and working with Commotion Theatre Company.
Kasia was a programme director (2007-2016) for the MA and the BA in Physical Theatre at St Mary University, Twickenham.
She is an External Examiner for MA Training Actors (Movement and Voice) at Guildhall School of Music and Acting.
- Artistic Director of Dead Rabbits Theatre
- Dead Rabbits Theatre Company – International Tour – Edmonton Fringe, Canada
- In Summer 2016, the company won two international awards for The Dragon at Edmonton Fringe Festival, Canada.
- The Dragon was a sold-out show and got a five-star review from the main local newspaper – Edmonton Journal.
- The company’s second show: ‘My Love Lies Frozen in The Ice’ premiered at St Mary’s and was also invited to a ‘Suitcase show’ competition at a prestigious Pulse Festival – Ipswich
- The company also led a workshop and a scratch performance at University of Surrey
Other research and professional practice
- Movement Direction - Beauty and the Beast-NIE, Cambridge the Junction – Christmas Show (2nd on the Best of the Christmas shows 2016/17 – List by Lyn Gardner –The Guardian)
- Labanarium- production as a presentation – Royal Kung foolery – 6th January – International Movement Conference organised by University of Surrey
- February 2017 – working on R&D Carmen at ENO under the direction of Annabel Arden (Complicite)
- February -re-direction Haste Theatre- working on preparation of ‘Oysterboy’ to 2017 UK Tour