Tel: 020 8240 4224
About Research Media
Phil is a Senior Lecturer for BSc Strength and Conditioning Science and also lectures on the MSc S&C programme and the Masters of Research programme at St Mary’s University. Phil has been teaching at St Mary’s for nine years.
Phil completed his BSc in Sport, Health and Exercise Science at St Mary’s University back in 2008, completed his Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCHE) in 2011, and his MSc in Strength and Conditioning Science in 2012. Phil completed PhD in Bioengineering from St Mary’s University in 2018, which investigated the use of a musculoskeletal model for the assessment of knee osteoarthritis.
Phil is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA), an Accredited Strength and Conditioning Coach (UKSCA), and is a former lead tutor for the British Weightlifting Association (BWL). Phil has over 8 years of experience in S&C delivery to athletes from a wide range of sports, including rugby, ice hockey and combat sports. He is the former head S&C coach of Ealing Trailfinders RFC and has worked with athletes ranging from national to international level.
Away from St Mary’s, Phil enjoys attempting all sports, competes in obstacle course racing, and loves mountaineering and reading.
Published journal articles
- Lonergan, B., Senington, B., Patterson, S. D., & Price, P. (2018). The effect of fatigue on phase specific countermovement jump asymmetries in ACL-R and non-injured rugby union players. Translational Sports Medicine. 1(6). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/tsm2.48
- Price, P. D. B., Gissane, C., & Cleather, D. J. (2017). Reliability and minimal detectable change values for predictions of knee forces during gait and stair ascent derived from the FreeBody musculoskeletal model of the lower limb. Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology. 5(74). DOI: 10.3389/fbioe.2017.00074
- Parr, M., Price, P.D.B., & C;eather, D.J. (2017). Effect of gluteal activation warm-up on explosive exercise performance. BMJ Open Sport and Exercise Medicine. 3(1): e000245. DOI: 10.1136/bmjsem-2017-000245
- Price, P. D. B., Gissane, C., & Cleather, D. J. (2016). The evaluation of the FreeBody lower limb model during activities of daily living. Presented at Bioengineering16, 2016.
- Price, P. D. B., Gissane, C., & Cleather, D. J. (2015). The use of the FreeBody lower limb model as a clinical tool for the assessment of knee osteoarthritis. Presented at the St Mary’s University Research Symposium, 2016.
- Price, P. D. B., Gissane, C., & Cleather, D. J. (2015). The use of the FreeBody lower limb model as a clinical tool for the assessment of knee osteoarthritis. Presented at the St Mary’s University Research Symposium, 2015.
- Price, P. D. B., Gissane, C., & Cleather, D. J. (2014). The validation of a 3D lower limb musculoskeletal model. Presented at Bioengineering14, 2014.
- Price, P. D. B., Gissane, C., & Cleather, D. J. (2014). The validation of a 3D lower limb musculoskeletal model. Presented at the St Mary’s University Research Symposium, 2014.
- Price, P. D. B., Goodwin, J. E., Legg, H, S., Cleather, D. J., & Bull, A. M. J. (2010). Tibiofemoral and Patellofemoral Joint Forces during Squatting at Varying Loads and Depths: A pilot study. Presented at the ICST in Slovakia, 2010.
In the news
Research projects from third year Sport, Health and Applied Science (SHAS) students at St Mary’s University, Twickenham were recognised and celebrated at this year’s annual Student Research Forum. Find out more...
Strength and Conditioning Science student at St Mary’s University, Twickenham and Paralympian Joe Townsend won the Gold Medal in the Men’s Paratriathlon at the 2018 Commonwealth Games. Find out more...
Ever wondered how the sport, health and nutritional sciences work in the real world? Phil Price has spent the past five years recovering from four knee surgeries, thanks to a practical application of these specialist areas, this summer he was able to climb Mount Elbrus in Southern Russia.
Find out more...
For media enquiries, please contact our Communications and Public Engagement Manager, Sam Yarnold, by emailling firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 8240 8262.
Areas of expertise
Strength & Conditioning, Osteoarthritis