Research Integrity Statement
Research Integrity refers to the standards and conduct expected of members of the University engaged in research. At St Mary’s we are committed to protecting the health, safety, rights and academic freedom of researchers and the reputation of the University as a centre for properly conducted, high quality research.
The University is committed to ensuring that we act at all times in accordance with the principles outlined in the Concordat to support Research Integrity launched in July 2012 by Universities UK. The Concordat outlines what is expected of researchers and their employers to ensure the highest standards of research, in particular by:
- Maintaining the highest standards of rigour and integrity in all aspects of research.
- Ensuring that research is conducted according to appropriate ethical, legal and professional frameworks, obligations and standards.
- Supporting a research environment that is underpinned by a culture of integrity and based on good governance, best practice and support for the development of researchers.
- Using transparent, robust and fair processes to deal with allegations of research misconduct.
- Working together to strengthen the integrity of research and to reviewing progress regularly and openly.