Professional practice and the potential for social impact lie at the heart of many areas at St Mary’s University, from Foundation Year to doctoral level studies.
The overwhelming motivation in this pillar is to promote effective professional practice, underpinned by robust and relevant research evidence, to ensure positive social impact in a range of areas:
- Applying evidence to understand and inform practice
- Enhancing efficiency and effectiveness of professional practice through application of evidence (links to education, sport, allied health)
- Informing and affecting organisational policy
- Innovation and application of technology
- Sport performance science (and application beyond sport to broader occupational performance)
- Education and pedagogy
- Education and inclusion
- Communications and ethics
- Catholic education
- Drama practice.
Colleagues working within this pillar will be involved inseveral different fields of research, links between the School of Education and the Faculty of Sport, Technology and Health Sciences will be particularly important.
These will include but not be limited to; the professional learning of those involved in the fields of education and allied health, innovative approaches to pedagogy (eg digital), applied sport and exercise sciences, and Catholic education.