We welcome students with a wide range of educational experience and qualifications.
The webpage for each undergraduate or foundation degree will tell you how many UCAS points are required as well as any additional requirements - such as an interview or specific subject qualifications.
UCAS tariff calculator
If your qualifications are from outside the UK, make sure to check our country information webpages to find out equivalent entry requirements from around the world.
Undergraduate degrees with a foundation year
Our undergraduate degrees with a foundation year are an alternative entry route into university for those without more traditional qualifications or grades, or are entering university after a notable period of time out of education.
UK qualification requirements
UCAS tariff requirements can be found on each course webpage. Below is a list of common qualifications so that you can check how many UCAS points your grades are worth:
GCSEs and other qualifications or awards
- Consideration maybe given to extended projects and Higher Sports Leaders Awards for borderline cases
- For GCSEs, the pass grades are 4-9. (A-C in the previous grading system)
- For Ordinary Level examinations taken after 1975, the pass grades are also A, B and C
- A pass at Grade 1 in the CSE will be accepted on the same basis as a pass at Ordinary Level
- We welcome the Advanced Diploma and will offer on the same points as A levels with Additional and Specialist Learning requirements as stated on programme pages