Study Visa Information
Before you arrive at St Mary's it's important that you make sure you have all of the relevant Immigration and Visa information required, and that you start the application procedure well in advance of your study start date.
If you are a non EU/EEA national and will be studying a full degree programme at St Mary's you will normally need a Tier 4 visa. St Mary's University is proud to be a Tier 4 Sponsor and we are fully committed to providing help and support during the visa application process to all unconditional offer holders.
If you are a non EU/EEA national and will be studying at St Mary's for less than six months you will usually need a short-term study visa.
You can get more information on how to apply for your visa and which visa to apply for on the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website.
- Student immigration information and advice: UKCISA
- Applying for a Tier 4 visa: UKVI Tier 4 pages
- Applying for a Short-term study visa: UKVI Short-term study visa pages
- Applying for a Dependant (family member) visa: UKVI family webpages
- Visa application form (outside the UK): Visa4UK website
- Visa application form (inside the UK): Gov.uk website
- FCO Embassy finder: FCO webpages
- Do you need a visa?: UKVI website
- Police registration: UKVI list of countries affected