The Level 2 Award in Understanding Health Improvement is designed for you to build an understanding of the principles of promoting health and wellbeing. You will learn how to direct individuals towards practical support in their efforts to attain a healthier lifestyle.
This course is especially appropriate for those actively involved in workplace and community health.
Dates, Times and Prices
- Friday 3rd March, 9am - 4.30pm (at St Mary's University)
- Friday 24th March, 9am - 5pm (at The Education Centre at St Joseph's Hospice)
The full cost of this one-day course is £175.
Discounts may be offered to groups. This course is offered as a part of the bespoke Health and Wellbeing Services projects to groups of at least six participants.
Please visit Health and Wellbeing Services for more information.
Whilst enrolled upon the course you will study to:
- Understand how inequalities in health may develop and what the current policies are for addressing these
- Understand how effective communication can support health messages
- Understand how to promote improvements in health and well-being to individuals
- Understand the impact of change on improving an individual’s health and wellbeing
The course is assessed via
One multiple choice exam paper.
There are no entry requirements to enrol on this course. Although it is recommended that you have literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to Level 1.
Upon successful completion of this course students are awarded the Level 2 Award in Understanding Health Improvement.
For more information about this course please contact the Short Courses team:
Tel: 020 8240 4211
The Education Centre at St Joseph's Hospice
This short course is also available at The Education Centre at St Joseph's Hospice Mare Street, Hackney, London E8 4SA.
St Joseph's Hospice is located close to the popular Broadway Market in the heart of London's East End, only 20 minutes from Liverpool Street or 30 minutes from King's Cross St Pancras.