The course fee includes entry for your exam however, if you defer at short notice or if any of the components of the exam are taken separately there is an additional charge. You will receive a letter informing you of the exam date and the relevant deadline for application and payment (if required). Please note that it is your responsibility to attend the examination on time and with the correct equipment. Please note that different awarding organisations have different rules. Many do not allow for more than one deferral and in most cases no refunds are given. Deferral is only allowed for the following reasons and evidence must be provided:
- Illness of the candidate or illness of a dependent family member
- Other compelling reason of a personal nature attested to by the head of the PSC unit
- Bereavement of close family member/friend
- Withdrawal by the University for academic reasons
They will not accept any of the following:
- Candidate was on holiday
- Candidate was late
- Candidate was unable to leave his/her employment
- Candidate decided not to attend
If your exam is deferred, you will be charged an administration fee.
Students are allowed to resit their examinations at a cost of £40 per attempt and this must be done within 3 months of notification of your results, failing to do so will result in the student having to re-do the entire course. Extenuating circumstances may be considered if suitable evidence has been provided.