Delivering our Plan for 2025
The Vision 2025 plan is supported by underpinning strategies which specify our priorities to deliver our future. These are our:
- Education strategy
- Engagement strategy
- International strategy
- Research and enterprise strategy
- Student recruitment strategy
We will enhance our students' learning and personal development by:
- Providing a globally relevant course portfolio that equips students to be knowledgeable, critical and ambitious for themselves and for society.
- Offering vigorous student engagement through excellent teaching and personal support with learning opportunities that are stimulating, stretching and prepare them for fulfilling careers.
- Multiplying opportunities for volunteering and service.
We will intensify interdisciplinary research and scholarship to create and disseminate new knowledge by:
- Encouraging all staff to work across boundaries to develop insights that support real life problem solving.
- Partnering with public, private and third sector bodies to influence public policy debate and problem solving.
- Expanding our national and distinctive international networks to provide a forum for discussion of global issues and the development of solutions.
We will produce an enterprise culture by:
- Offering students the option to study a module in entrepreneurship and develop a business proposal.
- Creating a University specialism in social enterprise.
- Developing our start-up hub, working with the local community.
- Partnering with institutions from around the world to share in research and learning.
We will foster a supportive learning environment for our students and staff by:
- Actively encouraging students from all backgrounds to study at St Mary's, particularly those with no family history of attending university.
- Using technology innovatively to intensify teaching and learning.
We will continuously improve our operations to ensure a sustainable future by:
- Maintaining a culture of service excellence for students, staff and stakeholders.
- Delivering measures to improve St Mary's financial and environmental sustainability.
- Improving campus facilities and increasing student accommodation within easy reach of the campus.
We will radically modernise our approach to learning and technology to improve student and staff experience, and better support distance learning and research by:
- Simplifying, rationalising and digitising the University's systems architecture to maximise effective use of data; expand the use of social media, lecture capture and other learning tools; and provide cutting edge mobile computing.