The Grounds and Gardens Team
The Grounds and Gardens Team undertake the care and maintenance of the outside green spaces at all St Mary’s sites including lawn care, pruning of trees and shrubs, any other necessary gardening tasks. They also undertake other activities related to sports pitch preparation and care.
The team are also responsible for:
- Keeping the site tidy and clean
- Clearing litter
- Clearing leaf and general debris arising from the landscape and its users including academic, sports and social use
- Clearing ice and snow when required
- Confidential Waste Collection
- Waste and Recycling Services
Parts of the campus are within Metropolitan Open Land, Historic Parks and Gardens, Conservation Areas or subject to Tree Preservation Orders, which means the Grounds Team observe the requirements placed on the various parts of the site through these classifications of different areas. This helps to ensure the campus remains an attractive place to study, live, and work.
View our Service Level Agreement document to find out how we prioritise tasks.