Staff Recognition (including Making a Difference)
Included in this section is information on the various ways St Mary's employees can be recognised for the exceptional work they do, and for demonstrating our values.
- Making a Difference
- Outstanding Performance Awards
- The Sir Henry Walpole Award for Teaching & Learning
- Long Service Awards
The OPAs seek to recognise and reward the hard work, commitment and achievements of all its staff members. The annual Outstanding Performance Awards ceremony, often combined with the Staff Summer BBQ, is one of the highlights of the year. Will you be nominated for an OPA?
St Mary’s CTESS awards the annual Walpole Award for Teaching & Learning in recognition of the contribution of staff to enhancing the student learning experience by developing creative and/or innovative approaches to learning, teaching and/or assessment.
Long Service Awards recognise St Mary's staff who have made a significant contribution to the University through their exceptional commitment and continued service, making St Mary's what it is today.
Long service awards will be given to those who reached a milestone in the preceding calendar year. The awards are as follows:
10 years' service
- Staff will receive 1 day of long service leave which they need to use in the current annual leave year.
15 years' service
- Staff will also receive 2 days of long service leave which they need to use in the current annual leave year.
20 years' service
- They will also receive 3 days long service leave which they need to use in the current annual leave year.
25 years' service (and then in 5-year increments thereafter e.g. 30, 35, 40 years' service, etc)
- Staff will receive an invitation to attend the new staff dinner, with their partner, and.
- They will receive 5 days long service leave which they need to use in the current annual leave year.
The above additional leave entitlements will be prorated for part time staff. The scheme is not contractual and the University reserves the right to withdraw or amend it.