Skip to content Exit mobile menu

St Mary’s University welcome applicants from all over the world to join our lively and diverse student community. There are currently more than 5,500 students from over 90 countries studying with us at our beautiful and historic campus in Southwest London.

Special information for students affected by the conflict in Ukraine

St Mary’s University joins Universities UK in condemning the invasion of Ukraine and in expressing our support for Ukrainian universities, staff, and students.

If you’re a student from Ukraine who’s been displaced by the conflict and you’d like to apply to transfer to St Mary’s or to apply for a new course with us, we’re here to help. There are many UK charities and organisations who’re also working to support Ukrainians traveling to the UK and studying in the UK, including Refugee Education UK.

 If you’re a current St Mary’s student and you need any support, our Wellbeing Service provides confidential mental health support and advice, our Hardship Fund may be able to support you if you’re having financial difficulties, and the Chaplaincy and Students’ Union also provide pastoral care and advice.

 If you’re a UK citizen looking to support those affected, please see the UK Government’s information on how you can help.

 Fees and funding

Please see our International Fees and Funding page for information on our scholarships and how you can access the Alternative Guide to Postgraduate Funding.

 The UK Government has also confirmed that Ukrainian students who come to England and have leave to remain through a sponsorship scheme for Ukrainians will be able be eligible for home fees, have access to financial support through student finance will be eligible to study part-time. The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) has published a useful guide on its website and also has an advice phone line: +44 20 7788 9214.

 Unfortunately, Ukrainian students who come to the UK on a student visa will not be eligible for home fees and student finance from the UK Government.

 Transferring to St Mary’s from a Ukrainian university

If St Mary’s offers a course which is similar to a course you’ve been studying in Ukraine, then you may be able to transfer to us. You can search through all of our available undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.

 You can apply to transfer to St Mary’s . To complete your application, please attach copies of your passport, school qualifications, and transcripts. You don’t need to take an English language qualification before you apply to transfer to St Mary’s, but you’ll need to me our English language requirements before you can take up your place on the course or apply for a student visa.

 Applying for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree

Click on ‘apply now’ at the top of the course page to submit an application. To complete your application, please attach copies of your passport, school qualifications, and transcripts.

You don’t need to take an English language qualification before you apply to transfer to St Mary’s, but you’ll need to meet our English language requirements before you can take up your place on the course or apply for a student visa.

Below you will find lots of useful information for applicants from Ukraine. Our International Enquiry Team (link to contact form) is available to support you through the applicant journey:

Study at St Mary's

Below is a list of our course categories:

Undergraduate academic requirements

Applicants who have completed the Ukraine Aтестат про повну загальну середню освіту (Certificate of Complete General Secondary Education) will need to complete IB or A Levels to be considered for undergraduate year one entry or join a St Mary's University Foundation Year - please note foundation years may be accepted on a case-by-case basis.

Applicants who have completed the Junior Specialist Diploma will normally be considered for undergraduate entry.

Postgraduate academic requirements

Applicants who have attained a Диплом спеціаліста (Specialist Diploma) or a Диплом бакалавра (Bachelor’s degree) from a recognised institution may be considered for postgraduate entry:

2:1 UK degree classification

Grade point average (out of 5.0): 4.0
Grade point average (out of 12): 8
Percentage: 81%

2:2 UK degree classification

Grade point average (out of 5.0): 3.5
Grade point average (out of 12): 7
Percentage: 75%

English language requirements

We understand English may not be your first language and will accept a wide range of English Language tests to support your application. We also offer Pre-Sessional English Language programmes and In-sessional English Language Programmes.

If you have already completed an English Language qualification, please include the test results alongside your application as supporting documentation.

You can apply for the programme before you complete an English language qualification or if you are still studying. We will assess your application, including your personal statement and any qualifications you have already attained.

If you are suitable for the programme we will send you a Conditional Offer. This will explain which grades you need to be accepted onto the programme, and the deadline to provide supporting documentation.

There may be other conditions also, check the programme page for more information on entry requirements and contact us if you have any questions.


Ask a question

Tuition fees

View our tuition fees for 2023/24.

Please note: tuition fees do not include accommodation.

Scholarships and funding

We are offering a number if £3,000 scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate students.

Ask a question

You can apply directly through our website for many of our programmes. Below you will find step-by-step guides to help you through the application process:

Once your application is submitted, it will be assessed by our Admissions office. If information is missing from your application you may be emailed for further documentation before your application can be processed.

Visas and immigration

Before you begin studying in the UK, you may require a Student visa. At St Mary’s we strictly adhere to UK Visa and Immigration regulations and will require you provide supporting documentation which meets UK government guidelines.

Ask a question

Explore the campus

Open days

If you're able to visit London, attending an open day is a fantastic opportunity to get an insight into what life is like as a St Mary's student. During the day you'll have the chance to:

  • Speak to current students to hear about their experiences so far
  • Meet your future academics to put a name and a face to who you'll be learning from
  • Take a tour of the University and the on-campus accommodation options
  • Get involved with activities going on across campus as you explore new surroundings

Book your place now

Campus tours

There are plenty of opportunities for you to explore the campus, even if you can't make it to an Open Day.

We run campus tours every Wednesday at 12pm. If you'd like to join us for one of these tours please register your place for your preferred day.

Virtual tour

We know that for it's important to you to see where you'll be living and studying before you make your decision. However, we also know that for many people it's not always easy to make it to the campus.

That's why we've developed a virtual tour of campus, allowing you to explore that facilities and the beautiful views that we have to offer.

Launch the virtual tour

Life at St Mary's

At St Mary's we offer you the best of both worlds: Our campus is in the London Borough of Richmond-upon-Thames - a safe and green area of the Capital - but travelling into Central London only takes half an hour!


We have high quality university halls available for new undergraduate students, including Superfast Wi-Fi, 24 hour security, and breakfast and dinner included (brunch on weekends) during the academic semester.

Students may also decide to live off-campus in a private accommodation within Twickenham, Teddington, Richmond and Kingston. Hello Student in Twickenham and IQ Student in Kingston offer private halls with short and long contracts for students. You’ll find more information on our private sector accommodation pages.


Postgraduates usually need a longer contract and a different study environment to undergraduates. Our postgraduate students will usually share a house or apartment in the local area with other postgraduate students, and use the St Mary’s StudentPad and the St Mary’s Find a Flatmate Facebook page to find a room or property to rent and other students to share with.

Some of our International undergraduates and postgraduates will choose to live in private student halls such as Hello Student in Twickenham or IQ Student in Kingston which offer short or long contracts for students. You’ll find more information on our private sector accommodation pages.

St Mary’s is one of London’s top-performing sports universities, and Sport St Mary's offers fitness classes, gym memberships, coaching and sports clubs for students of all abilities. We have state-of-the-art sports facilities equipped to world-class standards, as well as scholarships and funding opportunities for high performance athletes.

Whether you’re interested in pursuing a degree in sport or joining one of St Mary’s sports clubs, you will find all the sports facilities and quality training that you need to get involved and keep healthy and active..

Useful links

UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA)

The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) is the UK's national advisory body serving the interests of international students and those who work with them.

British Council

The British Council provides comprehensive advice on many aspects of studying in Britain.

UKVI information on student visas

The website has all the information you need to know about study visas.

Study London

Study London is a great place learn more about studying in London.

Visit Britain

Useful information for people visiting Britain.

Visit England

Visit England has more information about visiting England.

Visit London

Visit London has interesting information about the capital.