We aim to increase our student numbers by an average of 5% each year to 2025.
The continued success of our University relies on our ability to attract students in the context of a complex and highly competitive environment for higher education. To ensure St Mary's remains a vibrant place to learn, we will ensure that the University continues to grow. Growth will be pursued in a sustainable way that avoids undermining the strong sense of community for which St Mary's is renowned.
- Provide new courses and qualifications for new age groups with innovative methods of delivery and accelerated routes to degrees
- Build work experience and/or volunteering into all our programmes
- Ensure that all our programmes are relevant in a rapidly changing world
- Strengthen our relations with schools and institutions that have traditionally sent students to St Mary's and extend the number of schools and institutions with which we have a close relationship, particularly in our local area
- Expand our recruitment strategy internationally
- Increase our taught postgraduate programmes and research, ensuring that they are linked to professional standards where possible
- Develop apprenticeship degrees with industry
- Grow business sponsorship of our postgraduate programmes