For staff and students looking for additional external resources (particularly those local to St Mary's), here are several organisations who can provide support and assistance in relation to:
- Sexual misconduct
- Supporting LGBTQ+ individuals
- Religious/belief support
- Disability support
- Support for BAME communities
Discrimination and Hate Crime Support
- Citizens Advice Citizens Advice has information for individuals who was a victim or witnessed a hate incident or crime based on a person's disability, race, religion, sexual orientation or transgender identity.
- Richmond Council Hate Crime Support Page This is the official Richmond Council Hate Crime Support Page.
- Stop Hate Stop Hate is a national organisation which seeks to address Hate Crime and discrimination.
- True Vision True Vision is a mode of Hate Crime report page.
Sexual Misconduct Support
- Rape Crisis England and Wales Rape Crisis can help you find a Rape Crisis Centre, get online emotional support, or find information and self-help tools.
- NSPCC Abuse in Education Helpline Provides victims of abuse with the appropriate support, advice and onward action, including on contacting professionals or the police if they wish.
- Imkaan Imkaan is a UK-based, black feminist organisation dedicated to addressing violence against black and minority ethnic women and girls.
- Stonewall Stonewall is one of the biggest LGBTQ+ charity in Europe, they can help you find LGBT support services and community groups that are local to you.
- LGBT Foundation LGBT Foundation is a national charity for LGBT people which provides advice, support and information services to communities.
- Galop Galop offers support for LGBT+ people who have become victims of violence and abuse.
- Mermaids Mermaids is dedicated to supporting gender-diverse individuals and offers diversity and inclusion training.
- The Beaumont Society The Beaumont Society is one of the longest standing organization for transgender support.
- National Trans Youth Network The National Trans Youth Network is designed to create transgender communities for young people and to provide trans positive education to schools and universities.
- TellMama TellMama offers a secure service that allows people from across England to report any form of anti-Muslim abuse.
- Community Security Trust The Community Security Trust is a charity that protects British Jews from antisemitism.
- Disability Rights UK Disability Rights UK has a disabled students' helpline, providing advice to disabled students studying in England. They also campaign to improve disabled people's rights and to tackle hostility, bullying and hate crime.
Support for BAME Communities
- Citizens Advice – Race discrimination Citizens Advice is a national charity which offers support and advice to individuals concern regarding: discrimination, employment, debt and money, housing, immigration and other legal matters.
- BlackMindsMatter is a UK based professional mental health service for BAME individuals and families.
- Stop Hate UK is an organisation which seeks to challenge Hate Crime and discrimination based on a persons protected characteristic. Stop Hate can provide support and guidance for individuals who wish to report hate crime or are seeking information on how to best support victims of discrimination.
- NUS Black Student Network is an NUS division which facilitates conversations regarding issues faced by Black students and offers supports their support to help individuals resolve any concerns they may have.
- Chinese National Healthy Living Centre is an establishment dedicated to Chinese community to help individuals who face barriers, access health and social services.
- Nafsiyat is an intercultural therapy centre that offers intercultural counselling and psychotherapy to individuals from diverse ethnic and cultural heritage.