We know that carers work very hard to support their children during times of transition.
Therefore, the programme aims to learn more about the content and type of support that would be most valuable to carers at this time and that would ultimately lead to greater stability for their child.
How we work with carers
- Tailored one to one support from the Transition Hub Outreach Learning Mentor
- Informal small groups with hub staff and the attached Educational Psychologist on subjects relevant to the carers
- Support and training on generic topics such as changes in adolescence, working safely online, homework support
Outcomes of the programme for carers
At the end of the programme carers will:
- Have a greater knowledge and understanding of how to support their child during transition
- Feel more confident and experience greater success in applying this knowledge and understanding