Become a fully-qualified reflexologist with our London Reflexology course.
Reflexology is a non-invasive complementary health therapy that can promote deep relaxation and wellbeing. It is a touch therapy that is based on the theory that different points on the feet, lower leg, hands, face, or ears correspond with different areas of the body and reflexologists work these points and areas.
Our Reflexology short course is designed to provide training for giving safe reflexology treatments that are both commercially acceptable and performed in accordance with legislation and establishment rules.
Once you have successfully passed this course you will be a fully qualified reflexologist who can gain insurance and set up your own business or gain employment within the industry.
Dates and times
Our London-based Reflexology course is run part-time with 17 sessions held once a week over a five month period.
Each day of the course will run from 9.30am-4.30pm and you can choose from Saturday or Wednesday date options.
- Saturday course sessions run from 24th February 2024 to 6th July 2024.
- Wednesday course sessions run from 21st February 2024 to 3rd July 2024.
The examination date will be an additional day approximately two to three weeks after the last day of the course. Once agreed with the external provider you will be notified by email.
The full cost is £1,650. The deposit cost is £50.
This part-time Reflexology course will be held at our 60 Waldegrave Road Campus in London.
Whilst enrolled upon the course you will study three distinct units:
- anatomy and physiology
- business practice for complementary therapies.
Students on this course are required to complete the Business Practice for Complementary Therapies module. We have taken a blended learning approach to this module and students are required to undertake independent study.
The Anatomy and Physiology module will cover the following areas:
- body systems (including skeletal, muscular, circulatory and lymphatic, neurological, endocrine, respiratory, digestive, urinary, and reproductive)
- anatomical planes and positions
- skin, hair and nails
- common pathologies affecting each body system.
Applying the foundation of knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology you will learn how to give a Reflexology treatments.
Throughout the Reflexology element course you will cover the following:
- reflexology on both the hands and the feet using a variety of techniques
- the treatment environment and the working area
- therapist appearance and behaviour
- client care and preparation
- legislation and working practices
- client consultations including contraindications and restrictions
- reflective practice
- the history and philosophy of complementary therapies
- good practice and legal obligations
- principles and practice for complementary therapies.
Whilst studying you will both give and receive treatments so please be prepared; this is a practical, hands-on course.
The course will be assessed by the following methods:
- completion of 60 treatments
- a portfolio of evidence including 40 case studies
- final practical exam which includes oral questioning
- written assignments
- completion of a multiple choice paper.
If you already hold an equivalent qualification in one of three units (Body Massage, Anatomy and Physiology, Business Practice for Complementary Therapies), you may receive RPL and be excused from part of the course. Please contact us if you would like to discuss this.
It is recommended that Learners should have achieved a level of education equivalent to five GCSEs at grades A*-C prior to commencing the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology, however exemptions may be made for adult returners with experience of the workplace.
Due to the amount of information covered in the course home studies of approximately five hours per week will be required.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded an ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology for the Complementary Therapist.
You will be a fully qualified reflexologist who can gain insurance and set up your own business or gain employment within the industry.
For more information about this course please contact the Short Courses Team: