This course looks to equip you with the theoretical and practical skills needed to work in the creative industries.
Why study Film and Digital Production?
Film and Digital Production will provide you with knowledge and understanding of the moving image industries and history, and the background of film theory.
Through work experience and professional practice, you will develop skills relevant to film production and screenwriting, as well as related screen media and promotional industries.
During the course, you will undertake a comprehensive programme of professional development, with dedicated modules on practical skills, entrepreneurship and industry placements.
This degree will help you to understand professional practices relevant to cultural industries and how such organisations operate. It will also equip you with an enhanced awareness of issues relating to potential audiences and markets.
Why St Mary's?
The course runs alongside our degree in Film and Screen Media and is taught by industry-expert academics, some of whom are experienced film and television producers and screenwriters.
St Mary's University is ideally located for those aspiring for a career in the creative industries; the local area of West London has several renowned film studios, including Shepperton, Twickenham and Ealing Studios.
- 93% of St Mary's University students are in professional employment, further study or both six months after graduation (HESA, 2018)
- Study with media professionals and international and national experts in film, television and popular culture
- Exciting study trips and opportunities for work experience in the media and creative industries
- Specialist pathways in screen-writing and video production
- Taught on our historic Strawberry Hill campus in South West London