Study with media professionals and with national and international experts in film, television and popular culture. The Film and Screen Media degree reflects how film and television studies have changed in recent years as a result of the impact of digital media and our interaction with it.
Why study Film and Screen Media?
With approximately one in five new jobs in London within the creative industries, Film and Screen Media will provide you with a solid background in screen industries, from a theoretical, practical and industry perspective.
You will learn precise research and production skills that will allow you to enter a wide variety of professions. You will also be following individual interests and passions that will motivate you to work hard in your chosen area of study.
By studying a range of topics you will gain an understanding of the most significant issues affecting the media today and its relationship with our culture and society. This degree will prepare you for a career in a wide range of industries.
We offer opportunities for you to gain work experience in the media and specialist modules to develop your skills in creative scriptwriting, film and cultural criticism, film production and specialist pathways in screenwriting and film production.
Why St Mary's?
The course runs alongside our degree in Film and Digital Production and includes modules on a wide variety of film, television, popular music and other screen media. There is plenty of chance for you to explore the types of media that particularly interest you.
As well as being a train ride away from the heart of London's film industry, our students benefit from an extremely accessible teaching staff, made up of research academics as well as industry professionals.
- Available as a Single Honours and Combined Honours Degree.
- Study with media professionals and international and national experts in film, television and popular culture.
- Exciting study trips and opportunities for work experience in the media and creative industries.
- Specialist pathways in screen-writing and video production.
- Taught on our historic Strawberry Hill campus.
- A range of scholarships are available for undergraduate students.