The aim of this project is to provide St Mary’s with a new Helpdesk system with a modern interface and additional features and capabilities including:-
- view well on desktop and mobile devices
- intuitive portal which provides answer to queries, or intuitively guides user to capture calls
- tracks issue interaction with user, adding interactions with users and operators to call log
- has single pane dashboard view for issues, problems, changes and feature requests
- integrates with chatbot and knowledge base systems
- integrates with asset management system
- integrate with CRM system
- capable of Active Directory/Azure AD authentication and single sign on
- api/direct integration mechanisms for other systems including MDM
- compliant with accessibility, GDPR and other relevant regulations
- scalable for use with other service desks across St Mary’s
Status & Plan
- The requirements have been agreed.
- Potential solutions have been identified and a procurement route for them has been identified.
- Potential suppliers have been Invited to Tender (ITT).
- The suppliers responses to the ITT have been analysed and assessed against our requirements in terms of quality and cost to produce a shortlist of candidates for further evaluation.
- The shortlisted suppliers have been invited to demonstrate their products to us.
- A preferred a supplier has been selected (following the demos).
- The choice of supplier has been approved internally and the suppliers (successful and unsuccessful) have been notified.
Next steps are to:
- Sign the contract and issue a purchase order..
- Agree the implementation plan.
- Prepare for implementation.
The aim is for the new solution to be implemented for the start of Semester 2 of 2022/23.