From the moment you enrol at SMULIC our student services team will be on hand to support you in achieving your goals and help you make the most of your time at St Mary’s University, London.
SMULIC students are fully-fledged members of the St Mary’s University, London – just like any other student at the university you will enjoy access to the full range of services and fantastic facilities that the University has to offer.
Services available to SMULIC students
As a SMULIC student you will be able to draw upon our support services and our helpful staff will be there to assist you at every stage of your student journey.
As soon as you enrol you will be able to log on to the online student portal, where you can find a store of information to support your studies from course documentation to lecture timetables, details about extra-curricular activities and library services; to guidance from the University Students’ Union.
Our academic and student services department is constantly on hand to support you in the following ways and more:
- Academic performance tracking and remedial support intervention
- Accommodation booking
- Assistance with assignments
- Disability support*
- English language support
- Enrolment procedures
- Induction and orientation programme to welcome you into life at the college and the university as well as life in Twickenham
- Joining the Student Union
- Registration at SMULIC and St Mary’s University
- Social activities
- Student welfare
- Study skills and learning support
- Transfer from the airport
*Please note: it is the responsibility of applicants to SMULIC to disclose any disabilities in their application. SMULIC does not discriminate against any applicant or student with a disability; however, the College may not be able to offer full support for some disabilities. For more information please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Extra-curricular activities and opportunities for SMULIC students
As a SMULIC student you will be able to take full advantage of all the exciting cultural activities and societies as well as the great facilities available at the Student Union. Located in the centre of St Mary’s campus, the Students’ Union building is a hub of student life and a great place to relax and chat; stock up on supplies from our campus shop or socialise over lunch. Our bar and coffee house is a place for all students to meet with friends and enjoy a drink, play pool or just chill out with a newspaper..
Find out more about St Mary's Student Union
The St Mary’s University is the ideal place to study if you are keen to get involved in sports – as a SMULIC student you will be able to access all of the opportunities and world-class facilities available at the St Mary’s University
Sport is an important part of student life at St Mary's University. It's a great means by which to keep active and healthy, to learn key developmental skills through coaching or volunteering and to make friends that could last a life time.
Our offer includes:
• Competitive sports clubs and membership
• Coaching, volunteering and development opportunities
• Sport scholarships
• Coaching bursaries
• SIMMSactive – social sport and activity programme
• Student sport leaflet
St Mary’s boasts world-class facilities as well as a wide range of programmes that enable students to get involved in sport and physical activity no matter what level you are at.
• Fitness and Conditioning Suite: flexible gym memberships and personal training sessions available for all.
• Performance Education Centre: our state-of-the-art strength and conditioning suite.
• Floodlit All-Weather Pitch: suitable for a variety of sports including hockey and football
• Rugby Pitch and Training Pitches: our top-class rugby pitch has been used by international squads.
• Teddington Lock Grass Pitches: grass rugby, football and cricket pitches
• Performance Hall: a modern indoor sport facility with National Governing Body standard equipment
• The Sir Mo Farah Athletics Track: named after Great Britain's most successful long distance runner - a former St Mary's student.
• Tennis Centre: a multi-purpose sport facility, equipped to host a variety of sports
• Gymnasium: our Olympic-equipped gymnasium can also be used for martial arts and fitness classes.
• Studio: ideal for dance, exercise and martial arts classes.