Sports injuries are a major problem – also in the United Kingdom! Injuries are – for too many individuals – outweighing the potential health benefits of doing sports; therefore, injury prevention is vital in maintaining a good public health. Here, an in-depth understand of the underlying aetiology and mechanism is essential in order to design effective injury prevention regimes.
Filip’s main research interests are thus related to sports injuries with a strong focus on injury mechanism and how this translates to injury prevention and rehabilitation.
Key Research Interests:
- mechanism of sports injuries
- prevention research
- proof-of-principle studies
- sports biomechanics
- footwear biomechanics
- research methods and study designs.
- Lysdal, F. G., Bandholm, T., Tolstrup, J. S., Clausen, M. B., Mann, S., Petersen, P. B., Grønlykke, T. B., Kersting, U. G., Delahunt, E., & Thorborg, K. (2020). Does the Spraino low-friction shoe patch prevent lateral ankle sprain injury in indoor sports? A pilot randomised controlled trial with 510 participants with previous ankle injuries. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 55(2), 92-98. https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2019-101767
- Lysdal, F. G., Wang, Y., Delahunt, E., Gehring, D., Kosik, K. B., Krosshaug, T., Li, Y., Mok, K-M., Pasanen, K., Remus, A., Terada, M., & Fong, D. T. P. (2022). What have we learnt from quantitative case reports of acute lateral ankle sprains injuries and episodes of 'giving-way' of the ankle joint, and what shall we further investigate? Sports Biomechanics, 21(4), 359-379. https://doi.org/10.1080/14763141.2022.2035801
- Dupré, T., Lysdal, F. G., Funken, J., Mortensen, K. R. L., Müller, R., Mayer, J., Krahl, H., & Potthast, W. (2020). Groin Injuries in Soccer: Investigating the Effect of Age on Adductor Muscle Forces. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 52(6), 1330-1337. https://doi.org/10.1249/MSS.0000000000002243
- Lysdal, F. G., Grønlykke, T. B., & Kersting, U. G. (2022). Spraino: A novel low-friction device for prevention of lateral ankle sprain injuries in indoor sports. Medicine in Novel Technology and Devices, 16, . https://doi.org/10.1016/j.medntd.2022.100141
Full list of publications