About Research Media
A multi-lingual senior human resources professional and specialist intercultural business coach with proven ability to stimulate and engage students in their learning, Luisa brings a wealth of research and personal experience to her teaching and lecturing.
She has worked in a senior leadership roles in the Far East, Africa, Europe and the Middle East, in several sectors, enhancing people management in complex multicultural environments through personal coaching, intercultural communication, training programmes and speaking engagements.
Academic and professional qualifications
- St Mary’s University, Twickenham: PhD Researcher in International Business Management
Thesis: The Emotional Impact of Language Differences in Multinational Teams
With globalization organizations are becoming increasingly reliant on the collaboration of multinational teams and the responsibility to bridge these linguistic boundaries usually falls to the team leaders. I am researching how communication across mixed language proficiency levels elicits emotional responses in multinational teams and how the team leaders of these teams are challenged when harnessing the skills and abilities of their team members.
- MA in HR Strategy (Kingston 2003)
- PG Diploma in HRM (Kingston 2001)
- Modernising the curriculum and pedagogy – to be or not to be? Using film and online video to engage students and enhance learning (2017) Eleni Aravopoulou, Merlin Stone, Maria-Luisa Weinzierl International Journal of Higher Education Management (IJHEM), Vol. 4 Number 1
- How platforms are transforming customer information management. (2017) Merlin Stone, Eleni Aravopoulou, Gherardo Girardi, Emanuela Todeva, Maria-Luisa Weinzierl, Paul Laughlin, Ryan Neill Stott The Bottom Line 30(2)
- ‘Avoiding hidden inequalities in challenging times: Can talent management help?’ Muteb Alamri, Merlin Stone, Eleni Aravopoulou, Maria-Luisa Weinzierl, Guglielmo Calvini and Lakshmipriya Maheswaran. Chapter 9 in Hidden Inequality in Modern Organizations: Volume 2, Employment Practices, eds. Nachmias, S. and Caven, V. Palgrave Macmillan (2019)
- Module convenor for Leadership in Organisations
- Human Resource Management in Sport Management
Luisa has extensive international industry experience, having worked for global IT, Management Consulting, and Financial Services firms. Her professional and academic projects cover topics such as: International HRM and Talent Management, Leadership, Change Management and Organisational Development and Design. Luisa is a Chartered Fellow of CIPD, a full member of the Association for Coaching, a member of the British Psychological Society and is an experienced and fully accredited Business Coach through the Meyler Campbell Mastered Programme.
Current research activity
PhD Research (as above). Writing for publication originating from current research.
Conference papers (PhD symposia)
- EIBA 2018 (Poznan)
- GEM&L 2018 (Paris)
- UFHRD 2019 (Nottingham)
In the news
Business Management students from St Mary’s University, Twickenham received careers advice from top executives during a highly interactive networking session, this week. Find out more...
For media enquiries, please contact our Communications and Public Engagement Manager, Sam Yarnold, by emailling email@example.com or calling 020 8240 8262.