Revd Arch Dr Nikodemos Anagnostopoulos
The Very Reverend Archimandrite Dr Nikodemos Anagnostopoulos is Visiting Lecturer at St Mary's University. He studied Social Theology at Kapodistrian University of Athens and completed a Master's Degree in Pastoral Theology at St Mary’s University. He has completed Doctoral Research at Heythrop College specializing on Muslim-Christian Relations in South-eastern Europe.
Archimandrite Nikodemos is an Orthodox priest of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, and since his ordination in 1996 he has been serving at various parishes in Greece, Turkey and Great Britain.
- Muslim-Christian relations
- Eastern Christianity
- Orthodox Liturgy and Canon Law
- Religious Art
- Anagnostopoulos, N., (2015). The development of the Ecclesiology and the Political Theology of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople and the Autocephalous Greek Orthodox Church in response to Muslim Christian relations in the contemporary context of modern Greece and Turkey. (Manuscript submitted for publication)
- Anagnostopoulos, N., (2014). The Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople and the Greek Minority in the Context of Muslim-Christian Relations: Contemporary Challenges, in Christianity engages with Islam: Contexts, Creativity and Tensions (England: Melisende UK Ltd), pp. 64-86.
- Anagnostopoulos, N., (2013). Religious minorities and the State: the case of the Greek Orthodox Minority of Istanbul, in Religion and State: From Theocracy to Secularism, and in Between (Bethlehem: Pontifical University of Bethlehem), pp. 88-95.
- Anagnostopoulos, N., (2012). The Identity and the Role of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople. (Oxford: Orthodox Theological Research Forum).Anagnostopoulos, N., (2010). The Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts: An Orthodox Reflection. (Athens: Saiti Publications).
- Anagnostopoulos, N., (2010). The Relevance of the Insertion of the Filioque Clause into the Creed for Orthodox-Catholic Relations Today. (London: Blissett).