We are delighted to welcome you to the BA Acting programme, and we hope that you will enjoy your time at St Mary’s University.
As a student at St Mary’s you will be part of a vibrant community of enthusiastic and talented creatives. The BA Acting team at St Mary’s are committed to ensuring that our students are firmly at the centre of academic life within the department, working closely with creative professionals to explore knowledge of the industry.
Download your welcome letter
Your induction timetable
During your first week at St Mary's you'll attend a series of induction sessions to help settle you into the University and the course. Your timetable for the rest of the semester will be given to you during the induction week.
- Sunday 8th September, 8am-6pm: Registration open (students living in University accommodation only)
- Monday 9th September, 9am-5pm: Registration open (all other students)
- Monday 9th September, 4-5pm: Student essentials (K217/K222)
- Wednesday 11th September, 1pm onwards: Welcome to Drama St Mary's (Theatre)
- Wednesday 11th September, 7.30pm: Performance (Studio 3)
- Thursday 12th September, 9/10/11am (one hour per cohort): Introductory workshop (Studio 3)
Please remember black t-shirt and movement trousers for these sessions
- Thursday 12th September, 7.30pm: Theatre trip: 'Peter Gynt at the National Theatre
- Friday 13th September, 12-1pm: Student life (K217/K222)
- Friday 13th September, 1pm: Combined Drama St Mary's activities (TBC)
- Friday 13th September, 4.30pm: Performance: 'My Love Lies Frozen On The Ice' (Theatre)
- Friday 13th September, 5.30pm: Social (SU)
- Friday 13th September, 7.30pm: Theatre trip
There will be lots of other activities going on during the first couple of weeks. Make sure you check out the welcome events calendar.
If, for any reason, you are unable to make it to the Student Essentials talk on Monday, we will be repeating it on Thursday 12th September, 12-1pm in K217/K222.