We are very pleased to welcome you to St Mary’s and to the Faculty of Sport, Health and Applied Sciences (SHAS).
You will be joining a friendly, vibrant community of students and staff. The BSc. Sport Psychology programme at St Mary’s contains research informed teaching delivered by lecturers who are able to draw on their own research and expertise.
You will also learn key transferable skills, enabling you to apply knowledge and undertake your own supervised research, exploring the impact of Sport Psychology across different contexts.
We will help you to understand how to optimise athletic performance and well-being. You will explore key factors affecting sports performance, such as anxiety, self-confidence, motivation, stress, coping, concentration and sport injury.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Download your welcome letter
Your induction timetable
We have planned an exciting programme of events to help you settle in to St Mary’s. These include spending some time getting to know your tutor and other members of your degree programme, orienteering tasks, team building exercises and a sport science barbeque.
- Sunday 8th September, 8am-6pm: Registration open (students living in University accommodation only)
- Monday 9th September, 9am-5pm: Registration open (all other students)
- Monday 9th September, 10am-3pm: Welcome and meet the tutors (TBC)
- Monday 9th September, 3-5pm: BBQ (Outside SU bar)
- Monday 9th September, 4-5pm: Student essentials (K217/K222)
- Thursday 12th September, 10am-12pm: Psychology fayre (G5)
- Friday 13th September, 4-5pm: Student life (K217/K222)
There will be lots of other activities going on during the first couple of weeks. Make sure you check out the welcome events calendar.
If, for any reason, you are unable to make it to the Student Essentials talk on Monday, we will be repeating it on Thursday 12th September, 12-1pm in K217/K222.