We are very pleased to welcome you to St Mary’s and to the Faculty of Sport, Health and Applied Sciences (SHAS).
You will be joining a friendly, vibrant community of students and staff. Studying Sport Science at St Mary’s will help you to gain all the skills required to be a Sport Scientist in either performance or health and exercise settings.
We ensure we give you a well-rounded understanding of life working with sports people within a variety of contexts (such as sport scientist or performance analyst) or in a position to complete relevant postgraduate study.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Download your welcome letter
Your induction timetable
We have planned an exciting programme of events to help you settle in to St Mary’s. These include spending some time getting to know your tutor and other members of your degree programme, orienteering tasks, team building exercises and a sport science barbeque.
- Sunday 8th September, 8am-6pm: Registration open (students living in University accommodation only)
- Monday 9th September, 9am-5pm: Registration open (all other students)
- Monday 9th September, 10am-12pm: Welcome (G5)
- Monday 9th September, 12-1pm: Student essentials (K217/K222)
- Monday 9th September, 1-3pm: Meet your tutors (Collected from previous session)
- Monday 9th September, 3-5pm: BBQ (Outside SU bar)
- Thursday 12th September, 9am-12pm: Quiz and team-building (B13, G7, Shannon 3)
- Thursday 12th September, 12-1pm: Student life (K217/K222)
There will be lots of other activities going on during the first couple of weeks. Make sure you check out the welcome events calendar.
If, for any reason, you are unable to make it to the Student Essentials talk on Monday, we will be repeating it on Thursday 12th September, 12-1pm in K217/K222.