For students applying to the fund specifically for support with graduation costs in July 2023
If your declared household income is below £15,000 a year, you are invited to apply for this award for up to £90 to help with graduation costs (paid as a non-transferable discount code). You may apply for:
- the cost of gown hire (£49.50) and the cost of two guest tickets (£20 each - £40 in total), or
- the cost of gown hire (£49.50) and the cost of a simple photography package (£35).
n the application form, please ensure that in question 12 you make clear whether you are applying for a discount code to cover gown hire and guest tickets (please say whether 1 or 2) or gown hire and a basic photography package.
Please note that to be eligible you must:
- have a declared income of £15,000 per annum or below
- be an undergraduate - his fund is not open to postgraduate students
- be a student from the UK - this fund is not open to international students
- not already be in receipt of a St Mary’s bursary or scholarship
- not be a care-leaver (other provision is made for care-leavers).
Apply for funds
The deadline for applying for this fund in order to support your graduation costs is 11.59pm (BST) on Sunday 4th June.
A decision will be made and the Engagement and Widening Participation Team will inform you of the decision by Friday 9th June 2023. The Graduation Team will be in contact afterward and will issue a discount code you can use when booking gown hire/photography/ordering tickets. We will not be able to reimburse any costs already incurred, so please do not book gown hire/photography or order tickets before receiving the discount code as you will not get the money back. In any case, you must book your own graduand ticket first (free of charge) to be able to use the discount code.
If your graduation is postponed for any reason, your application will be paused and no payments will be made retrospectively.
For any questions, please email email@example.com.