The (ITEC) Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Complementary Therapies and Sports Massage is a knowledge-based qualification aimed at complementary and sports massage therapists, who need to understand the COVID-19 infection prevention methods required in the working environment in order to maintain high levels of health and safety in the provision of their services to clients.
Dates and times
This is an online workshop to complete in your own time.
We estimate it should take four hours for you to complete the workshop.
The full cost is £49.50
This qualification is informed by national and international guidelines in relation to COVID-19.
Throughout this qualification, learners will develop knowledge on the importance of social responsibility, the causes, transmission, and effects of COVID-19, and the methods used to control transmissions, such as correct hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). They will also gain an understanding of the safe working practices required in the treatment environment in order to protect themselves and their clients.
- Understand the causes, transmission and effects of COVID-19
- Understand social responsibility for the complementary therapy and sports massage sectors in relation to COVID-19
- Understand the controls necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Understand the importance of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Hand Hygiene and Personal Hygiene in the prevention of COVID-19
- Understand potential hazards and risks and the workplace procedures necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the complementary therapies and sports massage environment
- Understand decontamination and waste management processes relevant to complementary therapies and sports massage
The course is assessed via
Maximum 25 question multiple choice paper
Exams will be completed digitally (on a laptop, tablet or phone) within a classroom setting.
To enrol on this course you must be 18-years-old or over. It is recommended that learners should have achieved a level of education equivalent to five GCSEs at grades A*-C however exemptions may be made for adult returners with relevant experience.
Successful students will receive an ITEC Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Complementary Therapies and Sports Massage.