We offer the opportunity to condense a body massage course which usually takes four months into only two weeks plus a weekend revision session. As the name suggests it is intensive and it requires commitment on your behalf.
The Intensive Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage (ITEC) course is designed for qualified sports massage therapists who have already achieved the Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage qualification and are keen to expand their client base to clientele including recreational athletes and fitness enthusiasts and team club players.
The course will allow you to build upon your existing knowledge to achieve a comprehensive understanding of injury management. You will learn advanced techniques and use tools and skills to be able to assess and treat common patterns of dysfunction and suitable pre-diagnosed injuries.
Dates and times
The course is delivered in 12 sessions over two weeks and a revision weekend.
The course will run everyday, Monday to Friday, between 9.30am-4.30pm on the weeks commencing:
- 15 July 2024
- 29 July 2024.
The two dates for the revision weekend are:
- Saturday 7th September 2024
- Sunday 8th September 2024.
The examination date will be an additional day approximately six to eight weeks after the last day of the course. Once agreed with the external provider you will be notified by email.
The full cost is £1,450. The deposit cost is £50.
This course will be held at our 60 Waldegrave Road Campus.
Whilst enrolled upon the intensive course you will study three distinct units.
- Unit one is: Conducting subjective and objective Assessment.
- Unit two is: Treatment Modalities to Support Soft Tissue Repair.
- Unit three is: Sports Massage Techniques to Prevent and Manage Injury.
Throughout each of the units you will study:
- management of injuries
- soft tissue mobilisation
- postural analysis
- range of movement tests
- active, passive and resistive stretches
- stretching and rehabilitative exercises
- advanced massage techniques
- soft tissue release
- trigger points.
Whilst studying you will both give and receive massages so please be prepared; this is a practical, hands-on course.
The course will be assessed by:
- ongoing practical assessments and oral questioning
- a completed log book which details sports massage treatments on five clients with evidence of consultations and assessments
- a final practical exam with oral questioning (viva)
- written assignment: Treatment Modalities to Support Soft Tissue Repair.
You will also accumulate a portfolio of evidence of learning, a useful tool for later reference.
Candidates must hold a recognised Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage qualification. We will ask you to provide a copy of your qualification when you apply.
Candidates must also have good health, since the course involves a practical component. A sporting background is advantageous as well.
Due to the amount of information covered in the intensive version of this sports massage course home studies of approximately five hours per week will be required.
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be awarded an ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy.
Book your place now
For more information about this course please contact the Short Courses team: