St Mary’s has a long history and exceptional reputation in sport. Our School of Massage has also been around for 25 years. As a result, you’ll access:
- expert teaching and support
- hands-on courses taught face-to-face
- specialist massage facilities
- detailed anatomy and physiology studies
- world-class sports facilities
- a flexible, part-time schedule.
You’re welcome whether you’re a beginner or an experienced practitioner – we have sports massage courses at every level.
Which sports massage class should you take?
Beginners’ sports massage courses
Our entry-level massage classes teach you to give an effective sports massage.
Intermediate-level sports massage courses
You can complete our Level 4 sports massage training to treat injuries. You will:
- learn advanced techniques
- use tools and skills to be able to assess and treat common patterns of dysfunction and suitable pre-diagnosed injuries.
Advanced sports massage courses
Level 5 is the highest level of sports massage currently available. Here, advanced sports massage practitioners can develop the skills to work with:
- recreational athletes
- professional sports players
- elite athletes.
Amanda told us “the schedule was very good – I only studied for one full day each week, meaning I could work alongside. It was all very flexible.”
Rebecca commented “St Mary’s is a brilliant teaching University for sport – and that’s what caught my eye initially. I did lot of comparisons, but I didn’t want online classes, I wanted my study to be thorough and in-person.”