- You will be working in partnership with an ‘Outstanding’ (March 2011) provider for both Secondary and Primary provision.
- We have a long standing tradition and proven excellence in providing initial teacher training since 1850.
- Opportunity to work within a professional community to provide excellence in practice and pedagogy.
- Opportunity for knowledge exchange and cooperation between educators, teachers and academies.
- We can offer a wide range of Secondary subject specialisms and Primary general provision at Key Stage 1 and 2.
In choosing St Mary’s to work with, we will negotiate with you on how the training is structured and agree how the funding will be divided between us. St Mary’s is accountable and responsible for the recommendation of the award of qualified teacher status (QTS).
The provision must therefore be compliant with the Secretary of State's criteria for ITT and align with the 2014 Ofsted Framework for the inspection of ITT.
The respective roles and responsibilities for training between schools and St Mary’s will be set out in a partnership agreement.